Application Form for SRMCAT 2018 will be available from January, 2018. SRMCAT 2018 – Application Form can be obtained through both online and offline. Process for online submission of application form start from online registration on official website of SRM University i.e. https://applications.srmuniv.ac.in/
Steps for online submission of SRMCAT 2018 exam application form are as follows:
- Visit Admission Portal https://applications.srmuniv.ac.in
- Get Registration by filling required information like: Name, Email Address, Mobile Number, Make Password, State and City etc
- Click on Register Button
- Message will be on screen: Your Account Creation was Successful
- Open your Email Account
- Open email from SRM University
- Click on Verification Link
- Go Back to the Portal
- Login with Registered Email Address and Password
- Select Course applying for
- Click on Application Form for SRMCAT 2018
- Fill Personal Details, Parent’s Details, Address Details, Academic Details
- Upload files for Self Photograph, Signature, Mark sheets (Each File not above 500 kb of size)
- Submit and take a review
- Proceed to payment section
- Make payment with either Net Banking or Debit Card or Credit Card
- The application process is complete
Offline Mode for submitting SRMCAT 2018 Application Form
- Application from will be available in office of SRM University. It can be bought by paying prescribed amount for application form.
- Fill it completely
- Attach photocopies of all academic records as is required
- Get a DD of prescribed fee for SRMCAT 2018 from any bank in the name of SRMIST, payable at Chennai
- Post it on SRM University’s Chennai Address i.e.
SRM Nagar, Kattankulathur – 603203
Tamil Nadu, India
SRMCAT 2018 entrance exam is a computer based test. The duration of exam is 2.30 hours. The candidates have to answer 100 objective type questions. These 100 questions are divided in 5 sections consisting 20 questions in each. SRMCAT 2018 exam is of total 300 marks; each question carries 3 marks. 1 mark is deducted for every wrong answer. SRMCAT 2018 Exam Pattern highlights are as follows:
Mode of SRMCAT
Online Computer Based Test
Number of Questions
Total 100; 20 questions in each section
Duration of SRMCAT
Sections in Paper
Medium of SRMCAT
3 marks for each Right Answer
(-) 1 for each Wrong Answer
The Syllabus for SRMCAT 2018 involves 5 sections. 20 questions will be asked from each section.
SRMCAT 2018 syllabus as displayed by SRM University is as follows:
SECTION 1: DATA INTERPRETATION: (20 Questions)
To evaluate the candidate’s ability to pick out critically the data and apply the data to business decisions from given typical business situations.
- Data Interpretation based on text, Data Interpretation based on graphs and tables.
- Graphs can be Column graphs, Bar Graphs, Line charts, Pie chart, Graphs representing Area, Venn Diagram, etc.
SECTION 2: QUANTITATIVE: (20 Questions)
To evaluate the skill on solving mathematical problems of graduate level including those learnt in plus two or equivalent level.
- Ratios and Proportion, Ratios, Percentages, In – equations, Algebra and Profit & Loss
- Averages, Percentages, Partnership & Time – Speed – Distance, Work and time
- Probability, Permutations & Combinations
SECTION 3: REASONING: (20 Questions)
To evaluate the candidate’s skill on Logical reasoning
- Critical reasoning, Visual reasoning, Assumption – Premise – Conclusion, Assertion and reasons, Statements and assumptions, identifying valid inferences, identifying Strong arguments and Weak arguments, Statements and Conclusions, Cause and Effect, Identifying Probably true, Probably false, definitely true, definitely false kind of statement, Linear arrangements, Matrix arrangements.
- Puzzles, Syllogisms, Functions, Family tree – identifying relationship among group of people, Symbol Based problems, Coding and decoding, Sequencing, identifying next number in series, etc.
SECTION 4: ENGLISH: (20 Questions)
To evaluate the skill of the candidate on written English with questions on errors in usage, grammar, punctuation and the like.
- Comprehension of passage
- Verbal Reasoning, Syllogisms, Antonyms, Fill in the Blanks, Jumbled paragraphs with 4 or 5 sentences
- Sentence Correction, Sentence completion, Sentence Correction, odd man out, idioms, one word substitution, Different usage of same word etc.
SECTION 5: GK/CA/BA: (20 Questions)
To evaluate the candidate’s skill on General knowledge, current affairs and Business Affairs
- Current Affairs, Business, Punch line of companies, Top officials of big companies, Major corporate events
- Famous award and prizes
- Science, History, Geography, International organizations
- Social issues, Sports, Finance, Automobiles, Entertainment, Politics etc.
Details of Center Code and City
| S.No. || State || City Center Code |
| 1 || || |