NMAT (NMIMS Management Aptitude Test) is conducted by Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC), which facilitates admission into various management courses such as MBA/PGDM in all the top B-schools as well as others. NMAT is previously conducted by NMIMS and now taken over by GMAC. It is a computer-administered examination to be taken at designated test centres.
NMAT Registration 2019
NMAT registration 2019 includes the procedure given below.
· The NMAT registration can be done through online mode only.
· Candidates have to first register on the NMAT website to appear in the exam.
· The registration has been started from 3rd July 2018 to till the 3rd October 2018.
· Candidates can also fill the application form with late registration from 4th October 2018 to 14th October 2018.
· After register on the website, candidates can receive the user Id and password in their registered email Id and mobile number for further logins.
· Candidates have to fill the personal and academic details to complete the application form details.
· Candidates also have to choose the ‘School Preference’ (up to 5 preferences) where candidate have to send their score card of NMAT 2019.
· Candidates should click on ‘submit’ button to complete the registration process and they will get the registration number.
· The fee can be accepted through Visa/Master Card/American Express/Debit Card/Net Banking/Diners Club/Mobile Wallets.
· The application fee is non-refundable and chargeable for five programmes/schools.
Test registration (early)
Rs. 2000 + applicable taxes
Test registration (late)
Rs. 2500 + applicable taxes
Rs. 2000 + applicable taxes
Rs. 1100 + applicable taxes
Additional Score Reports (beyond first seven)
Rs. 200 per score report+ applicable taxes
Candidates can check here the NMAT 2019 exam pattern:
· Mode: The exam will take place through online (CBT) mode.
· Attempt: Candidates can attempt the examination maximum of 3 times during the year’s testing period.
· Duration of Exam: For complete exam, 120 minutes will be provided.
· Types of Questions: Objective type questions will be asked in the exam.
· Number of Questions: 120 questions will be asked in the exam.
· Sections: Language skills, Logical reasoning and Quantitative skills.
· Negative Marking: There will be a negative marking scheme.
· Re-Scheduling: Candidates can also schedule for the retake exam, if they are not satisfied with their marks in the first attempt.
No. of Questions
Time in minutes
The NMAT syllabus is given below. Candidates can study these topics to score well in the examination.
· Logical Reasoning: Multi-dimensional arrangements & Puzzles.
· Language Skills: Anonyms, Synonyms, Syntax & correct grammar, Quantitative Skills, Data Interpretation & DS, Language usage and their rules, Poems, Passages, Reading Comprehension and Dictionary Meanings of different words.
· Arithmetic: Line graph, Bar graph, Pie chart, Tables, Trigonometry, Algebra, 2D and 3D Geometry & Statistics.
The eligibility criteria for each participating institution are different. So, candidates have to check the each institutions website for their eligibility criteria for admission in MBA courses. Here, we have given the common eligibility criteria to appear in MBA courses.
For MBA/MBA HR/PGDM:
· Qualifying Exam: Candidate must possess the Bachelor’s Degree (10+2+3/4) in any discipline from a recognized University/Board.
· Minimum Marks: Must score minimum of 50% marks.
· Candidates those working in a Pharmaceutical Company for more than two years are also applicable for this exam.
For MBA Pharmaceutical Management:
· Qualifying Exam: Candidates should qualify the Bachelor’s Degree (10+2+3/4) in any discipline from a recognized university.
· Minimum Marks: One should pass with minimum 50% marks in aggregate.
· Tech/BE/ Biotechnology/ Biomedical degree holders can also apply.
· Appearing Candidates: Those are in final year examination of their Bachelor’s degree are also eligible to apply.
Preparation Tips For NMAT 2019:
· Make a proper study plan for your exam preparations.
· Know the complete syllabus for the exam.
· Make notes on those topics in which you feel difficulty.
· Go through the previous year question papers and follow best books with some study materials.
· Don’t forget to study each topic of the syllabus.
· Make yourself healthy for the exam days.