The National Entrance Screening Test is a compulsory test for admission to the 5- year Integrated MSc programme in basic sciences - Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics - at National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), Bhubaneswar and University of Mumbai - Department of Atomic Energy Center for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CBS), Mumbai. Candidates with a minimum aggregate of 60 percent marks in their class 12 exams are eligible to apply for NEST.
NEST 2017 Eligibility:-
Candidates in General and OBC category should be born on or after August 01, 1997. The age limit is relaxed by 5 years for SC/ ST/ Physically Disabled (PD) candidates.
Class XII qualifying examination should be passed in either 2015 or 2016. Candidates appearing in 2017 are also eligible. (Where only Letter Grade is given by the Board, a certificate from the Board specifying equivalent percentage marks will be required. In the absence of such a certificate the decision of the respective Admission Committees will be final.)
At least 60% marks in aggregate (or equivalent grade) in Class XII (or equivalent) examination from any recognized Board in India. For Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) candidates and for Persons with Disability (PD), the minimum requirement is 55%.
Candidate should secure a position in the NEST merit list.
NEST 2017 Application Form / Registration:-
Apply online on 02nd January 2017 to 6th March 2017.
Application Fee: The application fee for the male candidates of General and OBC categories is Rs 700/–. The application fee for candidates in the SC/ST/PD categories and for all female candidates is Rs 350/–. Payments can be made using credit card/debit card/net–banking of more than 40 banks through online payment gateway.
Candidates need not send any document to NEST office in the entire application process.
NEST Exam Dates
NEST 2017 Date:- 27th May 2017 (Saturday)
Timing - 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Start date for online registrations
January 2, 2017
- End date for online registrations
March 6, 2017
- Start date to download NEST admit cards
April 14, 2017
- NEST exam
May 27, 2017
- Declaration of result
June 16, 2017
- Sections: The examination paper will be divided into five sections which consist general section of 30 marks & four subject sections of 50 marks each.
- Subjects: The five sections are General aptitude, Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics.
- Section one will be compulsory for all while section 2 to 5 was from subjects as physics, chemistry, biology and mathematics.
- Candidates can choose any section.
- Merit Calculation: Only three highest scored sections was considered for merit calculation.
- Language: The mode of language will be English only.
- Type: The question paper will contain objective type questions.
- Negative Marking: Negative marking will be done for subjects section only. No negative marking in general section.
- Pattern: The question paper will be asked in OMR pattern.
- Marks: The question paper will contain total 230 marks.
- For admission in M.Sc programme, candidates must secure minimum 60% (for general & OBC candidates) and 55% (for SC, ST and PD candidates) in the 12th or equivalent exam.
- Candidates should secure a position in NEST merit list.