MICA Admission Test (MICAT) is a university level entrance examination. It is conducted to offer admission to the candidates those seeking for admission in Post Graduate Diploma in Management-Communications (PGDMC). Mudra Institute of Communication (MICA), Ahmedabad is the official authority to conduct the examination. MICAT is conducted two times in one year as MICAT-I and MICAT-II. The candidate must have valid scores of the entrance examinations such as CAT, XAT and GMAT to appear in MICAT.
MICA’s PGDM-C offers the following specialisations:
- Brand Management
- Advertising Management
- Marketing Research and Analytics
- Media Management
- Digital Communication Management
Eligibility criteria for MICAT 2019:
· Candidates have to apply to MICA with their scores of CAT 2018 / XAT 2019 /GMAT (2017 onwards). Candidates will be called for MICAT irrespective of their scores in the above mentioned exam (subject to their application form being complete and accepted by MICA).
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification in any discipline recognised by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
· Candidates appearing for final year graduation examinations are also eligible to apply.
STEP 1: MICAT 2019 Application form
To apply for the exam, candidates need to fill the registration form and pay the test fees of Rs 1965 online.
The registration form can be accessed online on the official website. After successful registration, aspirants will receive an email containing the MICA ID and MICA password. This MICA ID will be used for all future correspondence and login purposes.
STEP 2: MICAT 2019 Admit card
Admit cards for MICAT 2019 will be issued to the candidates who shall have registered successfully and met the eligibility criteria. Selected candidates will be required to download their admit cards from the official website.
STEP 3: MICAT 2019 exam
MICAT will be held twice in a particular admission cycle. The candidates will be tested on Psychometric, Verbal Ability, Quantitative Ability, General Awareness, Divergent-Convergent Reasoning and Descriptive Test.
STEP 4: MICAT 2019 Result
MICAT result will be announced online on the official website. Test takers can check their scores by using their login credentials. Post the result, selected candidates will be invited for GE/PI at various MICA campuses.
STEP 5: GE/PI
Shortlisting of GE/PI candidates will be done on the basis of MICAT-1 and /or 2 or better of the two scores if a candidate has taken both MICAT I and MICAT II.
MICAT 2019 Exam Pattern:
In this section, candidates can check the MICAT 2019 exam pattern.
· Mode of Exam: The exam will be organized through online mode (Computer Based Test).
· Type of Questions: The questions will be of objective type and subjective type.
· Number of Questions: Total of 144 questions will be asked in the exam.
· Total Duration of Exam: The whole examination will be of 2 hours and 45 minutes. 35 minutes will be given to section-I while 130 minutes will be given to Section-II.
· Sections: It will be comprised of six sections.
· Negative Marking: There is no negative marking for Part 1 and 3. Part 2 has a negative marking of 0.25 percent of the total marks allotted.
No. of Questions
Verbal Ability (VA)
Quantitative Ability (QA)
General Awareness (GA)
Divergent-Convergent Reasoning (DCR)
Descriptive Test (DT)
MICAT 2019 Registration
Candidates are advised to apply for MICAT 2019 registration after reading the complete information brochure.
· The MICAT application form can be filled and submitted through online mode only.
· The registration process will be started from the fourth week of September 2018 for MICAT-I and first week of January 2019 for MICAT-II.
· First of all, candidates have to register on the official website to proceed for filling application form.
· After the successful registration, candidates will be allotted with the system generated user Id and password to their registered email Id.
· With these login credentials candidate can fill the application form and submit it before the last date of registration.
· The registration fee of MICAT will be Rs. 1965.
· The payment can be done through Credit Card, Demand Draft and Counter Payment (cash payment in MICA admission office).
· The DD should be drawn in the favour of ‘MICA’ payable at Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
MICAT 2019 Syllabus:
MICAT syllabus will be consist of six sections which are, General awareness (GA), Divergent and Convergent Thinking (DCT), and Descriptive Test (DT), Psychometric (P), Verbal ability (VA), Quantitative ability and Data Interpretation (QADI). Candidates should go through these sections to score good in the exam.