AHMEDABAD: Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (IIM-A) will conduct a three-day seminar under executive education programme where in participants are likely to be taught how one can develop creative leadership through story-telling and film-making. As per the official twitter account of the IIM-A, the seminar 'Developing Creative Competencies through the art of story-telling and film-making' will be held from April 24 to 26. "Learn from IIM-A faculty members, who bring storytelling and film-making insights for leadership and effectiveness," the IIM-A announced on the twitter.
All about developing the leadership skills:
· No one is a born leader in this world, everyone has to develop leadership skills through certain practices and by following some important points.
· One should take the time to honestly analyse own-self and should learn to understand properly before trying to learn anything further.
· One has to identify areas for improvement, what kind of leader he/she is going to be, how to help other people, the goals and purposes in life, and expectations in working with another particular group.
· Communicate effectively with others, communication gap only creates negative impressions.
· One has to be a good listener.
· Setting aside all authority, one has to be free and frank with people.
· One should know the people around, be familiar with them and interact to know their views and reviews.
· Solve the problems step by step.
· Have to keep everyone working towards the agreed upon goals.
· One has to be aware of the expectations.
· Take initiatives and helping others as much as possible.