The Board of Governors (BoG) at Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (IIM-A), in a recent notice, had has hiked the two-year Post Graduate Programme (PGP) fee from the commencing academic session 2017.
Further, IIM-A Director Ashish Nanda in a recent PTI report said, there has been a fee hike by 7.75 per cent from the 2017 academic year.
The IIMA's 52nd annual convocation was held on Saturday where CEO and Managing Director Axis Bank Ltd Shikha Sharma was the chief guest.
During the convocation ceremony, Sharma spoke on the lines of the popular fantasy novel series Harry Potter to tell students that it is the choices that they make that will define them.
Courses for which fees have been hiked:
· PGP in Management
· PGP in Food and Agribusiness Management
More on the report:
· Earlier, the course fee was for both the programmes was Rs 19.5 lakh
· According to reports, the financial aid for deserving students will continue as before
· This fee covers costs associated with tuition, accommodation, course material, library, placement services, and IT resources
· Also, seats for post graduate executive management programme have been increased from 85 to 120
The Board of Governors (BoG) of IIM-A approved the 7.7% fee hike on Saturday, 25th March 2017 and further issued a press statement.
It was stated in the release that following the general inflation and the updates of the Seventh Pay Commission has led to an upward push as regards the cost of the programme.
With an emphasis on efficiency improvement while providing world-class educational facilities, the institute aims to produce excellent leaders and managers in future. Additionally, the institute works towards ensuring that no worthy candidate is denied admission or entry to the PGP courses just because of the lack of financial aid. In the year 2016-2017, the institute provided disbursements to at least one-third students who enrolled for the programmes.
Interestingly, IIM Ahmedabad had also increased its fees by a lakh in April 2016 as well from Rs. 18.5 lakhs to Rs. 19.5 lakhs.