IIM Lucknow had begun CAT 2017 application process on August 9. CAT is conducted by the Indian Institutes of Managements (IIMs) on a rotational basis. CAT 2017 notification was released on July 29, 2017. This year CAT will be conducted by Indian Institute of Management Lucknow. CAT 2017 will be held on November 26, 2017, in two sessions. In terms of exam pattern, there has been no change introduced by IIM Lucknow. CAT 2017 scores will not only be accepted by the 20 IIMs in India but over 100 B-schools across the country. Around 4,000 seats are offered through the 20 IIMs. Cracking the Common Admission Test or CAT 2017 is first and foremost priority for an MBA aspirants.
CAT is the biggest national level MBA entrance test is taken by more than two lakh candidates every year. Incidentally, CAT 2017 exam date was clashing with IIFT 2018 exam date after which IIFT exam date has been rescheduled. The name of the CAT 2017 Convenor has been announced by IIM Lucknow. Professor Neeraj Dwivedi, IIM Lucknow PGP Admission Chairperson, is the CAT 2017 convener.
More than two lakh candidates are expected to appear in the examination. Registrations for CAT shot up to a seven-year high in 2016, with 2,32,434 candidates applying for the entrance test to IIMs and other prominent B-schools.
Important dates to remember
August 9: Registrations for CAT 2017 open
September 20: Registrations close .
October 18: Candidates will be permitted to download their admit card till the date of test.
November 26: Common Admission Test 2017 (CAT 2017) will be held in two sessions.
How to apply for CAT 2017 Exam?
Candidates willing to appear for the CAT exam are required to send the online application on and before September 20 (Wednesday). Before the registration process, all the candidates must see the eligibility criteria.
- Go to the official website www.iimcat.ac.in and read the CAT Exam Notification 2017 carefully.
- Search for the Apply Online link’ and click on the same.
- As the application form opens, fill out your personal details and at the end, a unique registration number and password will be generated.
- Login to the CAT Online Application by using the registration number and password.
- Fill in the sections like personal details, academic background, work experience, payment of the fee and the like.
- Next is uploading the recent photograph and signature with the specified dimensions.
- Lastly, pay the application fee either from credit cards or debit cards.
- Print your application form out for future use.
Note that the Registration fee is to be paid only once even if the applicant is applying for more than one institute. The CAT 2017 scores can be used by non-IIM member institutions. You can check out the list at iimcat.ac.in. The most important consideration is the validity of the CAT score card which is till 31 December 2018.